Before we get to the theme of this month’s ride we need to explain what a ghost bike is. A ghost bike is a bike that is painted white and decorated as a memorial to a fallen rider. This month our route will be passing a ghost bike. If you want to bring a candle or a flower to leave at the bike you should. You can find out more about ghost bikes by visiting ghostbikes.org….
This months theme is the Rocky Horror Picture show. Dress as Transylvanian transvestites and do the Time Warp like they did in the show.
Be safe, legal, and courteous (see How We Ride!). We share the road with other traffic. Helping cars move through smoothly makes the ride more enjoyable for everyone. Do your part to encourage good behavior! Also, please remember to turn down the volume when riding through residential areas late at night.
Information on the route and more after the drop …
BIRDs are our wonderful volunteers that attempt to keep everyone on our rides safe. Please be respectful of their directions and thank them for all of the effort they put into the ride. If you want to help out and make your mark on Bike Party, please join the BIRDs at the volunteer cicle prior to the start of the ride.
Ravens are the elite group of BIRDs that make sure we leave no trace behind by cleaning up after the party at regroups. They are essential to keeping the party going and they can’t do it by themselves. When you see any of them with a trashbag collecting your trash, please thank them! They are a really cool bunch. Please bring trash bags and help us leave no trace.
How We Ride
If you follow these simple rules, Bike Party will be safe and a positive place for riders, drivers, pedestrians, and our community.
- Stop at lights
- Stay to the right
- Pack your Trash
- Roll Past Conflict
- Ride Sober
- Be nice
- Zoomable Online Route Map — Study Me!
- Printable Turn by Turn (coming soon) — Print Me!
Feeder rides are a great way to get to Bike Party They allow you to make great friends and get to know people who live near you. They also make it super easy to get back home as a group as most folks ride home with the group they arrived with. You save the planet and save on parking while getting a little bit more exercise. It’s all good.
See comments for details on the feeder rides listed below.
- Santa Clara — Led by John – Meet at Mercado shopping center. Leaving at 6:15pm
- Milpitas — Led by Tyler – Meet in front of Quickly at Park Victoria and Landess. Leaving around 6:15pm
- Palo Alto — Led by Andrew – Meet at Lytton Plaza at 6:15pm.
- Willow Glen — Led by Rise – Meet at KFC, Curci and Meridian. Rolling at 6:30pm sharp!
- SJ Downtown — ??
- South SJ — Led by josrSj7 – Meet at Solari Park next to Seven Trees. Time TBD (may be updated in comments below)
- East SJ — ??
- Campbell — ??
- West Campbell/West SJ — Led by Gary – Meet at Kirkwood Plaza Shell station (Campbell Ave. & San Tomas Aquino Rd.) around 6:45pm. Rolling by 7:00pm.
- Los Gatos — Led by David – Meet at Office Depot (Los Gatos Blvd at Lark) at 6:20pm. Leaving at 6:45pm.
- Your neighborhood? (let us know in comments below if you want to lead a ride)