Bike Partiers – be proud of yourselves. This month was absolutely amazing.
There’s something special about the thousands of people who followed SJBP’s How We Ride to the extent that happened this month. Maybe it’s becasue of our anniversary, maybe it was the mass of new and amazing volunteers stepping up, or maybe it’s that spirit of perseverance that has carried us these three years. In any case, October’s Ride of the Living Dead was profoundly different in many ways.
- More blinking lights than ever filled the lane as we traveled, not the result of higher attendance, but of many more bikes being properly lit.
- We kept the left lanes open for the entire ride, even as we left regroups.
- We co-existed with motorists rather well, helping them into turn lanes and across intersections with stop signs.
- There were volunteers everywhere. In fact, there was at least one at EVERY turn (usually more), something that’s been desired all along. Thank you so much for pointing out the turns and keeping us safe.
- Drinking was at a minimum.
- We kept our beautiful city clean with people responisibility for themselves.
We also had a few different police agencies out, including motorcycle officers from San Jose PD and Santa Clara County’s Sheriff Department, and we hope they enjoyed the festivities as much as we all did, as we are all part of the same community.
The music trailers were very impressive as well, blasting tunes for most of the ride but cutting the volume way back when it got later. The only thing we need is more music!
Thanks again for to route volunteers for this epic, multi-start ride that took us all over the city, and special thanks to the BIRDS and volunteers (new and old) for the wonderful job you did this month. It’s very evident that your hard work is paying off.
See you in November!
(photos from the evening to be posted ASAP).