What a night. The first of our winter rides was off the charts. With a rain free cool evening we hit Campbell and West San Jose like Las Vegas players. Elvis was even seen on the dance floor.
Thanks to everyone for packing their trash. The regroups looked fantastic this morning. You’re all awesome. Thanks to San Jose Bike Party Birds for not only making sure the regroup areas were spotless but for the great help at critical turns. From the dancers on the dance floor the music was big like the lights in Vegas.
That being said. Here’s some things we can work on:
- Please stay as far to the right as possible. Never take the left-most lane. The San Jose Police Department was fantastic last evening. They politely told riders to stay to the right. It should not take the SJPD to tell us how to ride. Please Ride Responsibly.
- For most of the ride we did a great job at stopping at red lights. Keep up the good work.
- Please remember during the winter months we tend to ride through residential areas with families that are more into sleep than parties. Please be respectful and lower the volume on your sound system when going through neighborhoods.
- And lastly a big yellow poker chip to all those that packed their trash. We were with without the iconic Raven Bikes last night and you still pulled through. As of this morning the start and regroup areas were looking fantastic.
OK, now its your turn what did you think of the ride? What could be better? And if your really passionate about making bike party better please attend our next volunteer meeting. Thanks again.
Get your best dress, you hippest casino wear, cuz we’re going to Vegas baby! It’s the Lucky 777’s ride so play ‘em as you see ‘em, grab your two wheeled friend and let’s go!
Here’s some tips for tomorrows ride:
- Dress warm and bring some foul weather gear but the chance of rain is low; at 3%. (weather underground).
- Bring a bag to stash your trash. We will be riding without the Raven bikes this month but that does not reduce your responsibility to make this ride safe and clean for all.
- Don’t forget your lights and ride respectfully.
With that let move on to the good stuff; ride details and regroups.
Here is the link to an interactive map showing the start, finish, and regroups.
And here is a printable map showing Turn by Turn Directions. Print several and share with friends or new friends.
This month’s DJ: Stealth Duck
2099 South 10th St, San Jose, CA 95112
Silicon Valley Education Foundation 1400 Parkmoor Ave #200 San Jose, CA 95126
Cambrian Park Plaza Shopping Center 14900 Camden Ave. San Jose, CA 95124
We have a feeder route leaving from Santa Clara (El Camino Real) this month. The ride will leave at 7:15 pm sharp from The Off Ramp Bike Shop. For more info you can hit up Jonathan King on Facebook.
Feeling Lucky. We sure are. This month, it’s Vegas baby!
We love bright lights, Vegas dance clubs, and the chance to make new friends. So lets’s do this.
As always we ride on the 3rd Friday of every month. Wheels hit the street at 8 pm and all ride and route details will be posted here or on our Facebook page at least 24 hours before the ride.
Here’s a few things to keep in mind for Fridays ride:
1) It’s gets dark early and with a new moon (no moon at all) you need to make yourself seen. But hey that’s what Bike Party is all about. Lights, lights, and more lights.
2) The Raven Bikes will be grounded for this ride so we ask that you please Leave Nothing Behind. Please pick up after yourself and if you see other garbage please do the right thing.
Stay Tuned. Ride and route posted at least 24 hours before the ride.