This month the theme is super easy! Whatever you do, don’t wear pants. Think shorts, skirts, kilts, dresses, togas, trunks, sandals… or anything else, as long as it’s not pants!
Be safe, legal, and courteous (see How We Ride!). We share the road with other traffic. Helping cars move through smoothly makes the ride more enjoyable for everyone. Do your part to encourage good behavior! Also, please remember to turn down the volume when riding through residential areas late at night.
Information on the route and more after the drop …
BIRDs are our wonderful volunteers that attempt to keep everyone on our rides safe. Please be respectful of their directions and thank them for all of the effort they put into the ride. If you want to help out and make your mark on Bike Party, please join the BIRDs at the volunteer cicle prior to the start of the ride.
Ravens are the elite group of BIRDs that make sure we leave no trace behind by cleaning up after the party at regroups. They are essential to keeping the party going and they can’t do it by themselves. When you see any of them with a trashbag collecting your trash, please thank them! They are a really cool bunch. Please bring trash bags and help us leave no trace.
How We Ride
If you follow these simple rules, Bike Party will be safe and a positive place for riders, drivers, pedestrians, and our community.
- Stop at lights
- Stay to the right
- Pack your Trash
- Roll Past Conflict
- Ride Sober
- Be nice
- Printable Turn by Turn — Print me (and a couple extra to share)
- Zoomable Online Route map — Study me
Feeder rides are a great way to get to Bike Party They allow you to make great friends and get to know people who live near you. They also make it super easy to get back home as a group as most folks ride home with the group they arrived with. You save the planet and save on parking while getting a little bit more exercise. It’s all good.
- Santa Clara — Calmar Cycles — Led by Ian – Leaving at 7:15 (please RSVP in the comments)
- South San Jose — San Jose Bicycles — Led by Jones – Leaving at 7:00
- Palo Alto — Meet at Lytton Plaza — Led by Andrew B. – Leaving at 6:15 pm.
- SJ Downtown — SJ City Hall — Led by Steven E. – Leaving at 7:15
- Willow Glen — ??
- East SJ — ??
- Campbell — Meet at Shell Gas Station (1530 West Campbell Avenue) on the corner of San Tomas & Campbell Ave — Led by Carlos — Leaving at 7:15 pm
- Los Gatos — ??
- Your neighborhood? (let us know in comments below if you want to lead a ride)