We always want our riders to ride legally and share the road… but our focus this month is partying at the red lights. To do that we need a lot more music! More music trailers, backpacks, handlebars, racks, water bottle holders… everywhere!
What do we mean by “Party @ the Red Lights?”
- Stop for reds – behind other cars!
- Shout out for other to stop also
- Make sure you don’t block right turn lanes etc
- Enjoy the music or make up your own songs
- When the light turns green, go!
Please post where you got a great deal on a music system or how you made your own using new and/or reused speakers, etc., where you got your Li-Ion batteries, etc. The more we can party at the red lights, the fewer the red light runners we may see. Thanks for your assistance!
How We Ride!
If you follow these eight rules, Bike Party will be safe and a positive place for riders, drivers, pedestrians, and the community
1. Stay in the right lane when possible. NEVER ride the sidewalk. NEVER ride against oncoming traffic.
2. Pick up your trash, leave nothing behind.
3. Stop at red lights … cuz the party’s at the red lights!
4. Ride straight, ride predictability.
5. Roll past conflict.
6. Leave no one behind.
7. Ride sober! It’s illegal and dangerous to ride a bicycle inebriated.
8. Communicate to fellow riders! (We need your help to remind those who aren’t following the rules!)