Find out about this Special Ride.
Are you a female biker? Do you love riding with San Jose Bike Party, or are you a newcomer to Bike Party? Want to meet other women cyclists and have a great time? Then come out and join us this summer for a Ladies Ride! Women and girls of all backgrounds and riding abilities are invited to participate!
This ride is designed by and for ladies. The goal of this ride is for women to get a chance to ride together.
Guys, feeling left out?
While this is an event for female riders only, you can participate by helping us make this ride enjoyable for the ladies. Here are some ways that you can show your chivalry.
* Bring some food/snacks to the start to fuel the ladies on their ride
* Free bike tune ups before the ride (bring a pump and basic tools)
* Ride along with a music sound system to boost the party atmosphere
* Be a BIRD by giving directions, posting at tricky intersections, and encouraging safe riding
Invite your friends using facebook
Date: July 24th
Time: 5:00-9:30 PM
- Note time change, wheels on street ~ 6pm,
- Firefighter safety demo at 5pm, time at end of ride to get together
Start: Downtown San Jose
Distance: Around 16 miles
5:00pm – Meet up at the start location: Parking Lot on the corner of Market and Saint James, across the street from the Firestation.
* The San Jose Fire Department will be giving a safety presentation. Thats right ladies, there’s going to be firemen!
* BIRDs/volunteers will be available for free bike tune ups and answering questions.
* There will be music, snacks, and fun! This is a good chance to meet some of your fellow riders before we start.
6:00pm – Wheels hit the street! The 16 mile route is designed for all riders, including beginners. The highlights of the ride include downtown San Jose, Willow Glen, downtown Campbell, and Santana Row.
9:00pm – Most should be at finish after looping around Cesar Chavez Park.