SJBP will be raising money for the Joshua West Memorial Fund.
Joshua West, 28, of Los Gatos was killed while riding his bike in Los Gatos on Feb. 1, 2010.
San Jose Bike Party would like to remember this fallen cyclist as we ride through Los Gatos this month. We wish to pay tribute to him and in a larger sense remember fallen cyclists who have perished while riding in the saddle. We are very much a part of the communities we live in and think it is important to pause and reflect, even as we celebrate cycling each moth.
We are dedicating two actions towards this effort:
- SJBP Donation cans: 100% of proceeds going to his daughter
- We will walk our bikes past the crash site on Lark Ave, as a sign of respect
Learn more about the accident.
Wheels hit the street @ 8:00 PM
Please note there has been a slight change to the start location as there is a musical going on at the Center for the Performing Arts. The new start is located nearby at the parking lot on Woz Way under the 280/87 freeway ramp across from the Children’s Discovery Museum (where the ride started in Aug 2009). The route map has been updated to reflect this change.
Start: Parking lot on Woz Way under 280/87
- Route into Los Gatos
- End: 7th & San Carlos, SJSU
Maps and Route Sheets:
March Route 26.25 miles: link
Route sheets & map: link
Great way to get to the start with fellow riders.
- North SJ / Santa Clara: Map
- Ride leaves @ 6:30 PM, meet in front of Peets @rivermark Lead by Ian
- South San Jose: corner of Almaden Expressway and Branham Lane
- Ride leaves @ 7:15 PM, meet lot behind the Carl’s Jr, Lead by Townie Bill
- West San Jose/Campbell: west of corner of Winchester Blvd and Campbell Ave. Map
- Ride leaves @ 7:00 PM, meet at Campbell Community Center, Lead by Ed
Light rail is only one block away. Pre-Rides will come from SSJ, Campbell and NSJ.
Please check the dt SJ Parking Map – click on each location, orange are $3, blue such as the Almaden lot where we are starting is $7: link
Bring money for food!
MoGo Taco truck and Quick Dog will be joining us!
Quick Dog will be donating 15% of their earnings from the night to the Joshua West Memorial Fund. They also have a veggie dog for all you GREEN eaters.
Get ready, we are gearing up for a sweet ride.