Its cold outside, so so cold so we are having a scarf ride!! This is an easy “costume,” and you have NO excuses not to dress up. We want to see that scarf fly like a flag!
Because of the season, we are pushing the ride up slightly earlier. Wheel’s will hit the street at 8 PM. That means, get there early!!!
Sneak peek of route and starting location:
- The ride will start and end in downtown SJ. As always, the exact starting location and route will be announced a day or two before the ride-perhaps earlier!
- The route will include a nice tour of lots of lights throughout the town (tentatively dt SJ, Willow Glen, Rose Garden, Campbell and more…)
- If you must use VTA, get there early. Light Rail fills up quickly. Take Light Rail early to downtown San Jose for dinner.
- If you need to park, park using the downtown SJ parking map, the orange lots are the cheapest. Or park at Tamien CalTrain and ride in; it’s only about two miles.
- If you are taking a train, the San Jose Diridon Station is the closest, but Tamien CalTrain Station has free parking – station list and map
- Ride your bicycle to the starting point! We will be announcing pre-ride meet ups with the route.
Other Important things to remember:
- We are having a can food drive. Bring a can, bring ten!! Help out those who need it this season
- We are starting early-don’t forget it!!
- If your bicycle/clothing is ill prepared for the cold wet winter weather? Winterize it. Join us for a great time at our Winter Wonderland holiday party two nights before Bike Party and get an extra SJBP discount that night only!
- Refresh yourself and your friends of the “how we ride” and bicycle laws.