Tour de Fat, San Francisco
Speedway Meadow, Golden Gate Park
Oil your bike chains and don your capes, crowns, tutus and tuxedos!
Tour de Fat is going to be a hoot and holler when it rolls back to San Francisco on Saturday, September 26th at Speedway Meadow in Golden Gate Park. The ballyhoo of bikes & beer is sponsored by the New Belgium Brewing Company, makers of the acclaimed Fat Tire beer.
- 10:00 a.m. – Bike Parade Registration
- 11:00 a.m. – Bike Parade
- 12:00 p.m. – Performances Begin
- 2:30 p.m. – “Carpocalypse Now” – Funeral procession for the car belonging to the Car-for-Bike Trade volunteer
- 4:30 p.m. – Car-for-Bike Trade Celebration
- 5:00 p.m. – Curtain Closes
- Sean Hayes
- March Fourth Marching Band
- Handsome Little Devils present: Squirm Burpee Circus
- The Dare Devil Chicken Club Presents: Honeymoon Cabaret
For more information:
What is a bike party without a bike ride? The day will be kicked-off with you in your San Francisco best at 11am (Parade registration begins at 10am) for a fun and frolicking ride through Golden Gate Park and beyond! The optional $5 ride donation goes to support the bicycle advocacy work of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition and the Bay Area Ridge Trail Council. It’ll be a hoot and a holler, we promise.
Two parts bike rodeo and one part circus, starting at noon, there will be fire-jumping bike acts, cycling games, live music, tasty eats and great beer, of course – and all proceeds go to benefit two great nonprofits: the SFBC & the Bay Area Ridge Trails Council!
Free! Free! Free!
Now we know what you are thinking…how much is this grand fete going to cost me? The answer is nothing! We are all about FREE! So….how is this a fund raiser? All proceeds from beer sales ($5 for 16 oz.) will benefit the San Francisco Bike Coalition, and The Bay Area Ridge Trail Council. We’ll bring the beer and you just bring your bike! (FREE Valet bike parking provided–of course!)